“Behind every successful project is consistent planning and effective management oversight.”
Whoosh Consulting takes a slightly different approach to project delivery. With over 30 years experience in delivering projects to business and government, we have learnt that while project delivery methodologies (PMBOK, Prince2, Agile, Six Sigma) provide a useful framework for managing project delivery; they are often cumbersome, require highly skilled and trained staff and can produce volumes of paperwork which is costly to generate and can often be seen as of limited value. We have found that a simplified approach to project management yields greater results at a much lower price point for our clients.
Each project is evaluated in terms of its overall risk, both in financial terms and organisational impact. From there a project delivery framework is derived and agreed with the client. Each framework is customised to address our clients needs, both organisational and cultural. Successful project management requires a few key ingredients; 1) a detailed plan that aligns with the stated business goals, 2) detailed and widely supported business requirements and 3) regular reporting:
- Planning – can include business case development, running a tender and project definition, project scheduling, test and implementation planning.
- Requirements – identifying the detail of what the project is delivering; how it will work, identifying the workflows, agreeing roles and responsibilities. This will include identifying what operational support is required.
- Risks & issues – along with detailed planning, proactively managing project risk leads to a significant reduction in the number of issues a project deals with.
- Reporting – analysing project progress against the original plan ensures the project is delivered on time and on budget.
- Governance – a project steering committee is established for every project. Reports are tabled, risks and issues discussed. Project delivery is monitored and, where required, corrective actions taken in agreement with the project stakeholders.
Every project managed by Whoosh has been delivered on time and on budget. In fact, we are so confident of this we offer our clients a money back guarantee. Contact Whoosh Consulting today to discuss how we can provide expert (certified by the Project Management Institute) project planning and management for your business.